To make available to people of all ages of Kiowa County, and surrounding areas, library materials and services to aid in their pursuit of entertainment, education and information.
In April 1911, Judge J.R. Tolbert wrote to the Carnegie Foundation in New York City asking its help in establishing a library in Hobart. As a result of this appeal, the Carnegie Foundation gave $10,000 to pay for a library building. The contract was signed on January 29, 1912 and the library was ready by September of that same year. The first librarian was Rev. J.B. Black.
Thanks to these historical efforts Hobart is able to offer many wonderful learning tools to the city and surrounding communities.