Our Services and Collection
The library board and staff are dedicated to making the library a valuable and integral part of the community.
We hope that each visit to the library is a fun and positive experience!
- Internet Access
- Fax and copy machines
- Delivery to those who aren’t able to leave home
- Winter reading and discussion series for adults
- Summer reading program for children
The library offers over 30,000 volumes which include best sellers, westerns, mysteries, paranormal, fantasy, inspirational fiction, large print books, and a large collection of non-fiction books. The library also offers free e-books through the Oklahoma Virtual Library consortium and Overdrive. Ask us about this service.
Also available are audiobooks for adults and children and magazines.
Not Finding What You Want Here In The Library?
We may be able to borrow from another library. Ask us about our Interlibrary loan service.
Copying & Printing
- Black/White Photocopies – .25 cents per page – .50 cents if double-sided
- Color Photocopies – $1.00 per page – $2.00 if double-sided
- Internet/Computer Printouts – .50 cents per page
- The library charges for ALL pages printed. Please ask a librarian for help with printing if you do not know how to print. This will save in unwanted pages and expensive costs that you will be responsible for.
Sending and Receiving Faxes
- Fax Send – $1.00 per page (Cover Page is Free, if provided by the library.)
- If the librarian has to make a copy or copies of the document(s) before sending the fax, a charge of .25 cents per page is required.
- Confirmation Page – .50 cents per page (Please ask before sending a fax.)
- Fax Receive – $1.00 per page
- Fax Overseas – $10.00 for first page and $5.00 for each additional page
Library Staff only will operate the fax and copy machines.
Typewriter, DVD/VHS, and Television
The library has one typewriter, TV and DVD/VHS player for use inside the library. None are available for loan or use outside the library.
The Hobart Public Library has 3 desktop computers for public use. Also available, is 1 laptop computer for adults only to use when there are no computers available.
All computers will be shut down 15 minutes prior to closing.
All library computers have internet access and are filtered by Cisco Umbrella.
The use of computers does not require a person to have a library card. However, children under the age of 18 must have a signed parental permission slip to use the Internet according to the Child Internet Protection Act (CIPA). Parents and children must be present to read and sign the rules and regulations of the Internet Policy.
The Hobart Public Library offers wireless internet access for those who have wireless laptops and devices. It is an open network and does not require a password. Connect to Hobart Public Library. Wireless access is only available during library hours and is shut off 15 minutes prior to closing.