HPL Friends Mission Statement
The purposes of Hobart Friends of the Library are:
- To promote the use of the Library as a vital asset of Hobart
- To help with Library programs (with volunteer services when needed)
- To provide assistance in obtaining materials and equipment needed by the Library
- To assist with the annual book sale
- To support the freedom to read as expressed in the American Library Association Bill of Rights
About the HPL Friends Group
The Friends of the Library was established in the late 1980’s. Each year it reaches out to the community through the Let’s Talk About It Program. In addition it seeks programs for its annual meeting that are of interest to the community. It also has willingly sponsored projects at the Library such as art shows of local artists, quilt shows, book reviews and signings, etc. It will continue such efforts.
Become a Friend!
We’d love to have you join!